Let the goth times roll! This Saturday is Midnight's annual Mardi Gras Party, with two cash prize contests; DJs DuJour, Gleek, and Rift; free king (and other) cake; a brand new list of drink specials courtesy of The Meeting Place; and lots more!
Can't make it down to NOLA for the festivities? Well, you can still celebrate Mardi Gras with all your friends at Midnight. As always, there's no dress code this Saturday; but you might want to make a special effort to bring a mask, at least, since we're offering a $50.00 cash prize to the attendee who is most in theme, or with the best mask. Judging for this one (by vote of our guests) will be held at the same time as the announcements--at or shortly after 12:00 a.m.
In addition, we've gotten another bucket of beads. While they last, you'll receive one free with your paid admission to the club. You can acquire extra strands from other guests or for $1.00 each at the cash table. Around 1:30 a.m., the person who has collected the most will receive a $50.00 prize as well. (Please note that only those beads that Midnight is distributing count in determining the winner!)
IN THE DJ BOOTH
Musically speaking, our Mardi Gras bash will actually be better than a trip to Bourbon Street, because our DJs will be spinning the best in synthpop, industrial, EBM, and goth, not tired old blues tunes. In addition to resident DJs DuJour (http://www.live365.com/stations/djdujour) and Gleek--who are not only request friendly but ready to play some of the best new scene music as well--we've booked one of your favorite guests, DJ Rift. Guitarist for the band Silent Muse (http://www.myspace.com/silentmuse) and promoter/DJ for Charlottesville's popular Tuesday event Umlaut (http://www.clubumlaut.org), he can be counted upon to provide you some highly danceable sets as well.
NEW DRINK SPECIALS!
The Meeting Place will be serving two-for-one drinks as usual the first hour we're open, from 9:00-10:00 p.m. Buy one qualifying beverage at full price and you're entitled to a second of the same free any time prior to last call (around 2:45 a.m.). Then, from 10:00 on, TMP is offering this brand new list of booze bargains:
* $4.00 + tax -- all "rail drinks"
* $5.00 + tax -- all beers, draft (17 oz.!) or bottled, foreign or domestic
* $5.00 + tax -- Captain Morgan
* $5.00 + tax -- Bombay Sapphire
* $6.00 + tax -- Jameson's
* $6.00 + tax -- all flavors of Grey Goose
Don't forget, too, about TMP's house specialty, the "black death shooter," available while they last for $2.00 + tax apiece.
Hungry? TMP normally serves food up until 1:30 a.m., and it's tasty stuff. Order something from the appetizer menu, and you're entitled to a 20% discount off that item's list price.
WANT MORE? YOU'VE GOT IT...
* ENTER THE DRAWING -- When you arrive, track down our literature table, fill out one of the drawing slips on it, and drop it into the nearby cauldron. This week you could win a CD from The Dark Clan, a DVD, or a $10.00 food coupon.
* FREE CAKE -- We're planning to distribute more free pastry (including a king cake for the occasion) right after the first contest of the evening. H.B. to Michele, Catherine, Julia, and Lily!
* ADMISSION DISCOUNTS -- Despite all the extra stuff going on, the cover remains a mere $5.00; and there are ways to get in for even less. Our first dozen guests at opening pay nothing (unless they want a strand of beads). And if you show your current high school (must be 18) or college (includes staff) ID at the cash table, your admission is just $3.00.
So grab a mask, call your friends, and head down to Midnight, the event that charges you less and offers you much more every Saturday evening. As always, it's where "the party" is!
-- Scott & the Midnight crew
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
Friday, March 4 -- Dunkelheit at Bella Cafe (900 Florida Ave, NW, Washington), with guest DJ DuJour (MIDNIGHT); 21+ only (www.myspace.com/dunkelheitdc)
MIDNIGHT at The Meeting Place, 1707 L Street NW, Washington, D.C. (202-293-7755)
* now in our 9th year of operation
* 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Saturday nights
* bar is now open until 2:45 a.m.
* 1/2 block from the Farragut North Metro (subway) station
* ages 18 to dance, 21 to drink (you MUST show valid ID to enter)
* $5.00 cover, first 12 guests admitted free, other discounts weekly
By the freaks, for the freaks!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org